The first piece I liked was Hiroshige’s on the coast woodblock as the way he uses the lighter shades of blue to show the sky and what seems to be a light cloud as well as the darker blues for the water and outline of the mountains gives the vibes of a sort of trading card and I have always loved trading cards as they feel nice like a small piece of the artist is with you, furthermore the use of the spectrum of blue just makes the whole piece feel like it’s using more than one color when it is not and that makes the calm serenity of it feel good like you don’t notice the details that went in to the art.

Second piece I liked was Christopher Winter’s The Huxely Guide to Switzerland as the way the people float in the painting is just so absurdly cool and gives a very almost dream like mood to the painting especially how they use the spectrum of blue like Hiroshige does to make landscapes and water.

Third piece I liked was Mark Innerst’s Metropolitan Museum Interior as the blue spectrum creates the feeling of having three dimensions with just the use of the shades and hues of blue giving it the feel of a picture under blue lights when in reality it was just the same color used in different ways