Ethical Design Part 1

1a 

As a Digital Design Associate at Unity For Equality, I take pride in ensuring that all the images and illustrations I use in my work are entirely my own creations. While my supervisor has not mentioned guidelines regarding the use of external images, I have chosen to rely only on my original work to maintain integrity and avoid any potential copyright issues. This approach not only upholds ethical standards but also showcases my personal creativity and design skills. 

1b

Regarding confidentiality, I have not signed a nondisclosure agreement with Unity For Equality. However, the company has a straightforward policy when it comes to the use of our work for personal portfolios. They keep our work on file for up to five years, and I’ve been assured that there will be no issues if I wish to use any of my designs for portfolio purposes. This open and accommodating approach makes it easy for me to showcase my contributions and continue to build my professional portfolio.

The AIGA guide shows how employment contracts benefit both employers and employees by establishing clear guidelines for their professional relationship. They help employers outline job duties, responsibilities, and company policies, setting clear expectations and preventing potential misunderstandings. Additionally, these agreements offer legal protections, such as confidentiality and non-compete clauses, which safeguard sensitive information and business interests. At Unity for Equality this part was not mentioned.

https://www.aiga.org/resources