The Event – Light Benders

The same week that I was given this project, I was also asked to help out with an event that was being hosted by the company I was working for. This event was held for cosplayers to be able to take photographs and film shots, so the attendees were all photographers/media and cosplayers (and sometimes their handlers).

I was tasked with working the front desk, helping to sign people in, giving out badges and stamps properly to the people who needed it, telling people what to sign and where, etc. I was told to wear a black shirt to designate myself as part of the help team, and was also given a badge. I had to learn very quickly on the job since there was no real training beforehand. I had someone with me the entire time to help me out if I had any questions or was unsure. I also made sure to be as friendly with the incoming event attendees as possible.

Crew standing around after filming session, photo taken by me
Backdrop for cosplayer events, photo taken by me
Some more scenery from the event, photo taken by me

I am overall very glad to have been able to attend this event. It was nice to meet a lot of creative people in person, as well as to learn the systems of managing a guest list and instructing people on what to do if they wanted to sign in. The times where things went wrong and I was unsure what to do were somewhat nerve-wracking, but in the end I managed alongside the people I was working with and had a surprisingly good time at the event. We were even given free food for working, and I was given the opportunity to take experience parts and take photos of the event.