Project 1

The first project I was given to work on was to draw a group shot of a group of cosplayers for a timelapse that would then be used in a video for the company, where it starts with the timelapse of the art, then transitions into the actual photograph of the cosplayers.

I don’t do many group shots, so starting off with one was unexpected, but a welcome challenge. I also had to get used to drawing a lot of armor, as that is what the cosplayers were wearing. I’ve drawn armor before but it isn’t something I would consider myself an expert in. I also had to learn how to work with the timelapse feature in my program, as well as how to hide reference images in the timelapse. However, I was able to do some google searching to figure it out, and from there it went very smoothly.

Alongside the group shot, I was also tasked with making vector graphics of all the individual cosplayers by themselves, which also meant having to fill in the gaps that were left behind by the photograph. I also had to learn how to work with vector graphics in my software. Again, it was something I had to do some searching for, but was able to figure out how to draw and export the vector graphics from my software.

The final product of the first project, illustrated by me