Welcome to Week 5!

Dear Students,

Thanks again for all of your work and your very thoughtful blog posts.  I’m looking forward to reading and responding to your Week 3 and Week 4 assignments.  For Week 5, we will begin brainstorming and drafting our personal essays, continue some group work from last week, and consider what “photographable moments” might be.  Please note that there is one old Group Assignment (GA9) assigned for this week and one new Group Assignment (GA11) assigned for this week.  Otherwise, this week’s assignments are just like every other week’s assignments. I know that GA9 is requiring some effort.  Please persevere.  I want you to be able to exchange and comment on drafts of fellow group members’ essays, and GA9 is (hopefully) laying the groundwork for this.

Finally, I wanted to mention a few guidelines for writing e-mails.  When writing e-mails–as opposed to text messages–you generally want to include a salutation.  For example, in writing an e-mail to me, you would want to start with:  “Dear Professor Rodgers.”  Also, please include some context for the correspondence we are having.  For instance, “I was unable to locate the Google Docs file that you e-mailed me.”  Finally, please sign your e-mails.

All best,

Prof. Rodgers

This entry was posted in Course Announcements. Bookmark the permalink.