Never Leaving A Job Undone

Today I had a meeting with my internship supervisor and team.

We went over the plan of action for the team as we await the decision of the hospital board and continue to try to search for a headlining artist.

It is a possibility that due to the difficulty in finding a major headliner that the board may make the decision to get rid of the concert, not only for this year but possibly permanently. To say it’s a nerve-racking feeling is putting it mildly.

This also left me conflicted as to what I should do in regards to the concert reel and whether it should be completed. After going over ideas that we could come up with to pitch to the hospital board to save the concert (if it comes to that) I made the decision to not leave the job undone and finish the reel.

It’s a lofty goal but now I want my reel to not only inspire any potential sponsors and partners but to also inspire the very people who work to keep St. Mary’s going financially. If there’s anyway that my reel can make them see the long term benefits of what this concert can become and mean to the hospital similar to the annual events that St. Jude’s and Children’s Miracle Network put on then I am up for the challenge.

On Tuesday we as a team will be heading to Bayside to speak with the Board and hear their decision. We will also plead our case to the absolute best of our ability. If it goes well the worst hit we will take as a team will be the paid members of our team will take a huge pay cut and the concert will be postponed till next year.

If it does get postponed till next year even without an internship I will be more than happy to volunteer my time to the team for this concert. St. Mary’s and this concert has become a passion project for me during my time as an intern and if there is anything I can do to help further awareness for this amazing place and organization then I am all for it.

So my weekend will be spent forging ahead. As my grandfather would say regardless of whether or not it may rain I’m planting my rose garden.

During the wait for the hospital’s decision my team members Casey and Victoria and myself joined forces with Current Creative and The Brunch Boys to throw a fundraising brunch at American Whiskey in Manhattan.

Below are some of the photos from the brunch.