Fooly Cooly (FLCL): Review

FLC_key

Fooly Cooly is a show about a boy, his alien house maid and the robots that jump out of his head, and it is every bit as awesome as it sounds.

It all starts when Haruko Haruhara shows up out of nowhere and hits Naota Nandaba in the head with her bass giving him an unusual bump, but little did Naota know there was going to be a robot coming out of the bump later. What ensues after that first robot is six episodes of pure awesomeness. In my opinion this anime has everything you could want; its comical, the writing and voice acting is great, it has exceptional action sequences, and a really interesting story. The animation is also very well done. I love how they switched up the animation style. Sometimes it’s perfectly drawn, other times it’s a little rough, they did a manga (comic) sequence twice that was really fun to watch, and at one point they even did South Park which I found really amusing. One thing I don’t like though is the fact that there are some characters that are unnecessary. They have no impact on the plot at all, they are just there to fill space. Otherwise I can find no fault with this show.

Usually when a show I like is as short as six episode I would want more but with FLCL six episode is just right. It’s short and sweet, and if you have three hours to spare on a Saturday morning you should definitely give it a watch.