Journal#12

This week is a very busy week, I work more than 60 hours. Last Sunday, I went to work on 1 PM to help AM housekeepers because they have hundreds of check-out rooms on that day. Firstly, manger Kevin sent me to pull out dirty sheets in every check-out room. Late on the other manger Eric asked me to help housekeeper Emma because her arm was hurt and she wanted to go home, but they are so busy that they can’t allow her to go home right away. Eric told me while I was helping Emma, I can ask any questions about AM housekeeping because I never do AM shift before, this is a kind of experiential learning for me. I help her make beds and she cleaned bathrooms, she taught me how to clean and organize room more faster.

On Wednesday I am a custodial from 10 AM to 4 PM. That is my first time to work in a hotel’s lobby as a custodial. My duty is to keep guest’s restrooms and lobby clean. The lobby is so busy that I check trash cans, floor, towels and toilet papers every 15 minutes, I should make sure these public areas look clean and nice all the time. It is an easy job to handle, but is hard to keep them clean in every second. I’d like to work in different areas to gain my experience and learn new knowledge and skills.