767 55th ST.
Brooklyn NY 11220
New York City College of Technology, Brooklyn NY 08/2013-Present
Associate of Applied Science in Dental Hygiene (Expected Graduation: 2015)
College of Staten Island 2011-2012
Medical Technology — completed 1 year of basic schedule
Lin Hu Advanced Orthodontics (1/2010-8/2014)
Orthodontic dental assistant and receptionist
- Assisted initial bonding, and removal of braces procedures.
- Performed routine maintenance of braces including changing arch wires, elastic ligature, and etc.
- Took dental impression to fabricate Essix retainers.
- Performed panoramic and cephalometric radiographs.
- Educated patients on oral hygiene, orthodontic appliance wear and care instructions.
- Organized the office’s filing system, collected payments, checked insurance eligibility and coordinated patients referral.
- Registered new patients and coordinated with their families.
- Scheduled appointments. Established a trustworthy with patients.
Dentco Inc: ELAINE YI-LAI WONG D.D.S. (5/2013-11/2014)
- Assisted dentists in procedures including preventive, restorative, endodontics, bridges, fixed/removable prostheses, implants and orthodontic treatment.
- Responsible to take impressions, pour models and custom make impression trays.
- Responsible to take digital radiographs.
- Greeted and prepared patients for examination, review and update health history for all returning patients.
– Fluent in speaking and writing: English, Cantonese and Mandarin
– Ability to prepare dental equipment and instrument set-ups
– Examined for dental and oral lesions
– Working knowledge of various dental procedures
– Sealant and Arestin placement
– Applied fluorides to prevent dental decay
– Managed patients’ files, records and appointments
– Microsoft Office: World, Excel and Powerpoint.
– Fluent with use Dentrix and Dentimax
Visiting Nursing Service of New York 7/2011-10/2012
– Greeted and collected personal information from clients
– Translated and explained applications form/ letters to Chinese speaking clients
– Scheduled appointment for the seniors