Project I – Short Video

This project is about creating a short video about myself that shows my creativity and my character.

MY PITCH

TITLE: Who Made Me Who I Am Today
By Zhigang Wen 

The video is about an animated character with no face, but who slowly becomes whole after responding to the question asked, with a series of images that represent his identity. 

SCENE 1 

Action: Starting with My name and a summon circle that drawing on the ground and combine with a sound effect. 

Sound effect: The sound of using a pencil to draw on paper. 

SCENE 2 

Action: on-screen, the question: β€œWho made me who I am today?” 

VoiceOver: who made me who I am today? 

Background music will start. 

SCENE 3 

Action: fade in an animated character with no face is sitting in the center of the frame. 

SCENE 4 

Action: a series of photos fall down from the right or left orderly. The first one is about the family, the second one is about friendship, the third one is about love. When the character absorbed the first photo, his face will emerge a smiling face. Similarly, when the character absorbed the next second and third photos, he will start to appear more detail in his body. 

During the photo falling, I will zoom in and create a pause effect to the photo to let the viewer see the detail inside of each photo.

Action: first photo zoom in

VoiceOver: my family 

Action: second photo zoom in

VoiceOver: my best friends

Action: third photo zoom in

VoiceOver: my love 

SCENE 5 

Action: After the three important photos fell down and absorbed by that character’s body. There will still have a few photos fall down together from both sides of the frame to create a time to let me finish up my VoiceOver. 

VoiceOver: (Connect with the previous VoiceOver) And every important moment that is happened in my life. All of those things made me who I am today. 

SCENE 6

Action: After the character absorbs all the photos, he becomes complete. He raises his left hand and says hi. And then, I will make a zoom-in effect in his eye until the scene turns to all black. 

SCENE 7

Action: the black scene will start to emerge the ending graphic and the information about the music I have used in my video. 

THE END