Journal 5

On my first day of training, they taught me how to use a software called FlexiSign pro. It is a software mainly use for making store sign. It is very similar to the adobe illustrator. They told me the reason of using this software instead of adobe is that it can connect to the vinyl cutter, which is a big machine that has a sharp blade to cut out shapes and letters from sheets of vinyl sticker paper. Once I finished something on the FlexiSign pro, I can just send them to the vinyl cutter and cut them out. Then the cut outs will use for the sign making. I think the vinyl cutter is the hardest part. There are many things that I need to pay attention with. First, I need to make sure the sticker paper is on the correct spot, there are different spots for different sizes of paper. Sometime I need to keep rolling the paper as the machine is doing its job otherwise the paper might get stuck. For the big signs, I need to break down the words and cut them separately. For the first two days, I just needed to learn how to use the software and vinyl cutter together. Sometimes they also use adobe illustrator and photoshop.