Journal 9

This week, I redesigned a dessert shop store sign. The client wanted us to give their store front a brand new look. After the discussion with the client and my boss, the first thing I did was to look for the old files for all the measurements so we don’t have to redo the measuring again. Instead it took me more than half an hour to find those old files. What I learned from is that it is really important to have a well organized system especially when it comes old files. The first thing the client asked about was the color. The client thought the old sign was too colorful and childish. She wanted the sign to be more elegant and mature. So I suggested her about narrowing down the color scheme to just two colors. After we all agreed upon with the color, I started to do my research on the color. At the end, I chose a neutral color as the background and brown for the text. Then I changed the old font into an more elegant font called Quiche. It is a San serif font with a little decoration on it. I also took away all the relative elements they have on the old sign and just leaving old the name of the store on the sign. At the end, I added a brown frame to the sign to make it more delicate looking. As a result, the client was happy about it and I just needed to make some small adjustments to it. I think it was a really fun project for me.