Field Trip to Museum of the City of New York

A CITY FOR CORDUROY – Going upstairs to see this children’s classic since Don Freeman was published in 1968, the adventures of velvet (plush toys in green overalls) have made children and adults happy for half a century. Its color is very rich and colorful, whether it is children or adults will be full of innocence.

STARLIGHT – As soon as you enter the museum, you will see this space dazzling. This bright fixture is hung above the rotunda. Conceived by Cooper Joseph’s studio, in 1932, the 5,283 lights boldly complemented the museum’s new Georgian home, reflecting the mission of connecting the city to the past and present. Using the most advanced technology, the product requires the least amount of energy and generates very little heat. This is one of the most photographed features of the museum. I think this luminaire is perfect no matter what angle it looks at. The pure white color keeps me surrounded by it. It highlights the circular staircase of the rotunda and is very well matched.

STETTHEIMER DOLLHOUSE – The details in the room caught my attention instantly. It was too refined. I carefully looked at each room and it was perfect. The lights in each room are very different in color. The style varies from room to room. But wallpaper, furniture, and fixtures were characteristic of the post-World War I period. Especially worth mentioning is the original small work, which was specially produced by the famous avant-garde artist Stettheimer in the 1920s. Stettheimer incorporates her artistic feelings into every detail of the house.