Project # 1

The first project that I work in Graphic Design Principle 1 was to use lines, dots and shapes to create arts works relate to the topic that given by the professor. The words were “Harmony, Chaos, Crowd, Isolated, Loud and Quiet”. Then I create six thumbnail sketches for each word. After that, I show my thumbnail sketches to my professor and we talk about it. Professor Trofimova comments on my works and give me suggestions on each work also told me where I can work more on it and get improve.

sketche1sketche2sketche3

Then I need to choose one pairs of sketches that I will work as for final. First I don’t know which pairs I should work on, then I ask my professor to help chose the best one I have to work on. Then I need to transfer the sketches into the Bristol paper, 7 x 7 inches. Now I can use black and white gouache to creates my work on the Bristol paper.

crowdandisolatedchasoandharmonyloudandquiet

In class, we critique every ones work that was put on the board. We are looking the balance, unity or perspective on the works. Evernote thought my works was not getting critic but base on what other people discuss about how to make the works become better, I learn that where I can improve my works or make it better.

The final step was to transfer into digital on Adobe Illustrator. I had use illustrator before so I can play the lines, dots and shapes and I found the brush function was useful because it can create most similar works to my original sketches works since I was using watercolor.

digital2quietdigital1loud