Beginning to the Story . .

No one is born knowing what they will be doing for the rest of their life after they’re too old for the help of mom and dad. But we are encouraged and pushed to start making that decision since around the 4th grade.”What do you want to be when you grow up?” I almost never knew the answer, and if I gave an answer it was just the first thing to come to mind. For quite a few years I swore I wanted to be a Veterinarian. Until the first time I saw a puppy need surgery. I wanted to be apart of the help, but did not like the thought of seeing hurting animals day in and day out. And in the occasion of having to put someones pet to sleep would probably bring me to more tears than the actual owners. Veterinarian marked with a huge X for no.

As older age set in and the need for part-time employment set in, I turned to the restaurant business thinking it would just be a past time while I am in school. But I have reason to believe the restaurant industry found me, not I found it. I can not say that I don’t have my handful of bad days here and there, but I can say that with that handful comes 10 times as many good days. Yes the money is great for school bills and expenses but no I do not see myself leaving this industry in the far or near future.picture

Second job choices always lead me to another restaurant or even the hotel industry. I might not want to be a server for the rest of my life, but that I want to be in a place that I can use my knowledge of once having been a server is a sure fact. The best way to be the best person someone can look up to is to know and understand the struggle and time that it takes to get from a lower position to one of management. If i want to manage a restaurant one day, I can not say. If i want to be a server for the next 10 years, I can not say. but if I want to remain in the Hospitality Industry as a whole, I Can say that I would be willing to stay in it for as long as the industry will be wiling to keep me.