Visual Quote Project

For my visual quote project, we had to choose a desired quote and then create some sketches. The quote I chose for this project was “Every little thing gonna be alright!” which are lyrics of a song  called Three Little Birds by Bob Marley & The Wailers. The reason why I chose this quote is because it’s one of the songs that uplifts my mood instantly. Once we had an idea of ​​what we wanted  to do with the quote sketches, we move on to the next step, which is to do these three concepts in the computer.

For my final quote concepts, I ended changing my ideas. Since the first 3 concepts were too simple, and not creative enough . I changed the colors, from light colors like light blue, pink to darker colors like dark blue, black red and such. I also played around with different typefaces. I added objects like birds, as you can see in the second concept and a photograph of Bob Marley in the center of the circular letters, as seen in the first concept.

For the first concept I used Bob Marley’s photo along with the quote going around it in colors that represent B. Marley such as red, yellow and green. For the second concept I used three birds to represent the tittle of the song Three Little Birds. For the third concept I kept it bit more simple, but I still like it, I like the colors and the typeface.

For my first 3 quote concepts, I kept it way too simple which is the reason why I ended up changing it to more interesting designs. I changed it but, I still feel like the sketches were somewhat followed. I don’t have a lot of experience using the Adobe CC programs, therefore at first I was not sure how I was going to create each concept. However, in the end I feel like I was able to create more interesting designs for each concept.