My Responsibilities

During my one-month internship, I was assigned to work in the design department. The work of the design department is mainly to complete designs according to the clients’ requirements, and my duties are similar, except that I am not yet able to completely lead a project. In addition to the design department, there is also a reception department in the company where I did my internship. The reception department mainly receives customers and answers the phone, and I also worked in the reception department because one of my colleagues took two days off, which led to a shortage of staff, so I also had to receive customers during these two days, which made me feel uncomfortable because I am not a good communicator, which led to me not fully understanding the meaning expressed by the customers. Fortunately, my supervisor helped me to get through these two busy days.

During my internship month, I learned that it is very important to complete your duties in the workplace, because everyone in the company is busy, and if you can’t complete your duties well, it means that another person needs to do your work for you, thus increasing the workload. This simply does not always happen in the real workplace because it represents a lack of your ability and leads to dismissal. So I still have to keep practicing to make up for my lack of communication skills.

Photos of my workplace