COMD1100

Letter Design:

In this assignment, the professor gave everyone a different letter to make the design. Mine is F. I outline the letter F and make my design by editing its size and angel with the shape and contour of the letter. I also use symmetry and repeat in this design.

From this assignment, I combine what I’ve learn from the classes before, for example, the line,the balance, the proportion and the symmetry. We can create lots of different possibilities with such a letter. Its shape, its contour, its balance can  be used in the design.

The Graphic Symbol:

In this assignment,we were asked to choose an animal or a insect and make a gradient design with its contour. For me, I chose the dragonfly. The first step is to draw the dragonfly, then outline its shape. After that, we have to find a related graphic. We have to simplify its shape. The final step is express the dragonfly with the arbitrary graphic.

From this project, I found that sometimes we can make a design with simplifying a specific thing. Nowadays, the design, such as logo design, is becoming more and more simple. We have to make it more easier to remember and  identify. Also, we need to redesign the symbols sometimes. This assignment was useful for me to lean about these.

Colors mixing

In this assignment, we have to mixing colors with 3 primary colors. We use the Acrylic panting to make the secondary colors and tertiary colors.

From this part, I can understand more about the colors. The primary colors are red, yellow and blue. We can create any color with these 3 colors and black and white.%e6%96%b0%e6%aa%94%e6%a1%88-1_6

%e6%96%b0%e6%aa%94%e6%a1%88-1_5

img_2357