Introduction

Hello, my name is Yanling Feng. By accepting as a student of Dental Hygiene in CityTech College, it was where I began my journey to become a dental hygienist.
I am an immigrant from China. I had my first dental cleaning when I was 17 years old after I moved to Seattle, USA. I was taught by a dental hygienist how to brush my teeth properly with modified bass techniques based on my gum condition. Also, she was the first person to educate me to use floss. After the dental cleaning, I practiced everything that she taught to take care of my teeth. My gum had so much improvement: no more bleeding when brushing. I was impressed by what she educated me. I learned something totally different from what I learned in my culture. Cultural beliefs have important implications for an individual’s own oral health.
My passion for dental hygiene began with this dental cleaning experience. I decided that I would pursue a career in the dental field. I want to use my knowledge to educate people about oral hygiene in order for them to prevent oral disease regardless of culture.

Thank you so much! Here you can view some pictures from my time at Dental hygiene program at City Tech College of Technology! It was a stressful and challenging program, but I enjoy my time with my classmates and learned from them and supported each other!