Forth Journal: Workplace Environment

The first day I started my internship, I got three minutes late and felt nervous. I was wearing casual clothing and got to the IE Brooklyn College Office at 9 o’clock. When I stepped into the office, I noticed that our office doesn’t have a dress code. In this office, this was an open work area, also there is a conference room and comes with a long table in the middle. And we should bring our own laptop to the office when we work because the office does not come with a device. Normally, Isana who is my supervisor and she was sitting in front of us to work on her own business like paperwork or something, and my classmate FengYi who is another intern, there were only three of us in the office. My supervisor worked here for 8 hours or less. I usually go to the office on Monday and Thursdays at 9 AM and work for 6 hours per day. If you want to work more hours you can come early. In addition, we got a 30-minute lunch break. The schedule is very flexible.