Second Journal: The Interview

This was my first time having an in-person interview and I felt nervous. I make sure everything is perfect before the interview, like the cover letter, resume, and portfolio works. Also, I did some research about the interview general question they might ask. 

On that day of the interview, I came early before the interview started, so I waited outside and reviewed again for the interview questions. At 11 o’clock, I walked into the office, I saw Isana who was one of the interview staff, and she asked me some general questions. When I prepared to respond to the question, another staff member came in. Isana asked me the same question, I have realized that the interview question I prepared last night was totally different. She asked me “Who is my professor in communication design class, is professor Davis?” I said yes, and she told me that they worked together before. 

Interview questions they asked:

• Do you have html / css experience?
  • Do you know how to use excel?
  • Do you use Indesign or other software?

Then, they moved over and discussed with each other about my portfolio works. Also, they showed their previous works and described the job profile for me in detail. After that, Isana asked me my preferred schedule and let me come here on February 24. Finally, I got hired and I felt excited I have this opportunity to work for them, and which can enhance my skills and knowledge.