ICP_Free Exhibition Tour

Image: https://icp.submittable.com/submit

The International Photography Center (ICP) is one of the world’s leading photographic agencies dedicated to the practice and exploration of various forms of photography.

I scrolled and looked at various events posted on the dashboard. When I clicked on this webpage, I decided to go on Friday, February 21. This was the first one I attended, it was a great experience and I’m glad I participated in it. In this event, I was led by ICP staff. They were joyful to share their thoughts and explained each piece of artwork in detail.

During the visit, I was impressed by one of the exhibitions called “I Can Make You Feel Good” by Tyler Mitchell. He is a photographer and filmmaker in Brooklyn. His famous work is the photo of Beyoncé for the cover of Vogue. And he is gonna explore and document a new aesthetic of Blackness.

This exhibition comes with three sections. As soon as you entered, there was a screen set up for his profile and photography’s inspiration. After that, you can walk into a small space and the wall full of his photography. It might make you feel like a piece of artwork can open the dialogue and show the power of the image.

In the second section, there was the ground covered with a 3D grass model and put some bean bags on it. Also, the screen suspended from the ceiling and playing a short film about freedom for Black people. It makes me feel like a character in the film, I can feel the freedom and pleasure of childhood when I lay on the bean bag.

This was the last section, the hallway was full of different 3D fabric with print images.

In conclusion, it was a great experience and taught me a lot. I’m glad I attended this event.