Self-Evaluate on My Performance (Internship Class at ClickDaily)

My performance is very bad because there’s still so much to learn and improve. However, this is normal, and it is not a big deal because I’m here only for about a month. Therefore, although my performance is not very good, I can live with it. Summer internship is not like the regular semester internship because everything is shorted to one month. It needs to finish the 120 hours, so it is difficult.

My performance at work is very bad because I am really experiencing in a fast-paced work environment in the real world. I realize that I have to do things fast in order to meet the deadlines. I need to have an idea fast in order to do the design, so that means I need to do a quick research on the project, so I can have some inspiration. However, I can’t waste too much time on research. I realize that my time management is very bad. I can’t balance my time well at work. This is very different from whatever we did in school. We have to do well design before the deadline is coming up. We can’t let the client wait. We can’t say we can’t do the design. We can’t just do one version of it. When we remind ourselves with the deadline, design is super overwhelmed, especially when we don’t have any idea. However, things will be good when time flies. I already improve a bit. I will keep improving to do more good designs.

My performance in public relation is not super bad because most of them are very nice and willing to talk to me. The photographer is very nice to me because he was also from New York City College of Technology. The other department is the Social Media Department; it has a few people, including actual workers and interns. The interns are fine. Some of the actual workers are fine and willing to talk to me. One of the worker is super nice because she often smiles to me, and she’s so friendly. I feel of her personality is very good. I really like her. However, there’s another co-worker seems like an enemy to me. This co-worker is very different from others. The first time he saw me; he already had that cool face toward me. It seemed liked, I’m an enemy to him. He didn’t like to work with me, and he didn’t like me at all. Until now, he still doesn’t like me. My public relation is super bad. I wonder, is this his problem or my problem. I realize that communication is very important. The first thing to build up a good public relation is communication. As long as we talk and understand each other’s work, we can do the job, and we will be fine. Communication and understanding are very important. If these two aspects are good, jobs will be done faster. Pubic relation is very important in the real world.