Adobe Software Programs (Internship Class at ClickDaily)

Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop are the three important software programs that a Graphic Designer has to learn it and must be well proficiency, so it can do better designs for whatever projects or for the company. Adobe InDesign is for graphics and layouts. Adobe Illustrator is for logos often. Photoshop is for photography often. One of the professor said, we as the Graphic Designers must know well on these three software programs, so we will be fine for whatever projects we are working on. However, we didn’t learn much in school. We learn more while we are working.

In school, we learned these software programs in our first and second year of the classes. We should had learned well enough in all these programs, so we would be good for the upper classes. However, this was not truth in reality. In the real world, we didn’t learn much in classes. Students often learned in YouTube or from whatever professional websites, and not learned in classes. Students often didn’t learn enough in classes because we didn’t have enough time to learn all these programs and the design. Therefore, plenty of students went online and learned online. I was the kind of student that was too lazy to go online. I preferred to learn it in classes. If I was still stuck, I would go online and searched for the answer. However, I am also the kind of student that like other people to push me hard toward success. I like good professor to push me and help me to improve. That means if there is good professor pushes me so hard, I really do the work and make myself better. I need the power to push me hard from other people.

In my current internship, my supervisor always pushes me so hard, but he also treats me so nice. He always said, “I want to push you hard, so you can be better. I want you to have something for your portfolio.” He is really a good supervisor. He doesn’t not blame on me although I’m wrong, or I can’t have an idea. He uses other way to tell me how should I do, what should I change, so I can change myself and do it better. He also gives me lectures not even learned in school. He also teaches me the Adobe Software Programs. Whenever he knows that I’m not good at whatever software programs or the design, he will teach me, and he will ask me to go on YouTube and learn it. He gives me one mission which is I have to go on YouTube and watch one Photoshop tutorial video every morning when I go back to the office. Because of my Photoshop skill is not that good enough, I have to learn it in order to apply that skill to the design. He pushes and forces me to watch tutorials and helps me to improve my skills. At this moment, I realize my skills are way too bad. I still have a lot to learn on all these three Adobe Software Programs. I appreciate my supervisor forces me to watch tutorial everyday, so I can improve a bit everyday. I realize that I must have proficiency skills on all these software programs in order to enhance my design skills. Just having an idea for the design is not enough; knowing how to sketch out the idea is more important. Knowing more on the software programs is also important. I will keep learning a bit everyday.