Time Management (Internship Class at ClickDaily)

Time management is often a problem no matter in what situation. We have to learn how to control our time, and how to use our time wisely, so we can be productive. In personal life, I have always afraid of not enough time to sleep. I have always worry about so much things in life. I always have a plan for the day, and I ask myself to complete it before midnight. If I can’t finish the work before midnight, I feel bad. This is the same feeling when I’m in school.

In school, I have always afraid of deadlines. I have always worry about time. I plan time for all the school work and other related stuff, but I don’t plan time to eat and sleep because I know I have to finish the work otherwise I will fail for the entire semester. When I work on projects, I have always chosen to do the easy projects first, harder projects will be at the end. I have always calculated times wrong. I have always done projects overnight, but I make the good designs. I realize that although we don’t have time to sleep, we still have to make time to finish the projects even though it’s midnight. This is student’s responsibility. Time doesn’t wait for us. We have to grab it, and we use it wisely.

At my current internship, I’m afraid of using a lot of time on just one project. I’m afraid of wasting the time for nothing. I’m afraid of doing useless work for a long time. However, I’m trying to improve my time management. Because of time sensitive, I have to think it fast and do the work. I have to research if it’s necessary, and it’s an inspiration. I have to ask for my supervisor or the client’s direction of the design. I have to learn to use time wisely, so I can be productive and improve my skills. My supervisor once told me “Don’t think of it, just do it!” I heard of this before. This is my second time hearing this. I have the same question, “How can you not think of it and just do the work?” Actually, it can, and it works. My supervisor said, “Don’t think of it, just do it! Don’t overthink of it, just follow the direction, and you will be fine.” I really didn’t think too much, and I follow all his direction and just do what he wants. After it’s done, it’s pretty good. I have always wonder when is the end of the project or the design. I don’t know if the design is done or not.  My supervisor always asked me, “Are you done with it?” I really don’t know, am I done with it or not? Until now, I realize that even though it’s not done, my supervisor will tell me and help me to improve, so it will be fine. Time is very important. If we use it wisely, we can do a lot of work in just one day. However, if we don’t have an idea or direction, time is only wasting. I’m still learning how to manage and balance my time wisely.­­­