Journal 1

9-2VvBgvy7dUPwvHpitjb4GgrirfjwFHGIkIPQAlYL0
I am an intern at ‘Calling All Graphics’, which is a private in-house company located in Brooklyn. ‘Calling All Graphics’ was founded in 2000 and currently has three employees: Marla Gotay, the president, Rida, who helps Marla to do billing and mailing, and Myles, who helps printing and delivering the final pieces to the customers. The company primarily creates print materials such as: menus, menu boards, signage, flyers, business cards, t-shirts and much more. Many of the clients are owners of the deli stores, restaurants and cafés; therefore, many of the jobs of this company handles are menus, dish special posters or menu boards. In addition, whenever the clients want to change the look of their menu or add additional special menu or poster, they will call or send email to my supervisor Marla, then she will assign the jobs with notes written on the paper about what are the changes that the clients want to make of the jobs and also the idea of the jobs. As a result, most of my tasks in this internship are modify the menu or redesign the menu board and poster. After I’ve completed the tasks, the supervisor will look over and add any additional changes if necessary, then email to the clients and wait for them take and look and reply afterward.