A Day in the Park

IMG_0197IMG_0198

Story background:

One of our friend Jim went back to Taiwan after graduating from high school. We usually spend our after school time in the park together for 4 years. Since he went back to his country, we have lost contact with him. Zoe is a very emotional  and wallows in nostalgia for the past. The lost of contact with Jim made her pain for a year , even now she still feel hurt for this missing friendship.

Story:

I and Zoe is walking to the park. We didn’t talk while we are walking, because the park we are going to visit has too much memory , is also a pain.  We stop walking and standing on the side of the park. We look into the park with thousands of words well up in our hearts. Kids are running around in the park, playing games, balls, swing and slides. We walked into the park and found a place to sit down. I bring up a topic but it doesn’t seem the right one. I asked Zoe if she still remember the time when we usually gathered in the park after school. Zoe smiled at me and she said she remembers. Then she slowly raises her head and look at the sky. I saw her tears in the eyes. She tries to control the sadness, but failed. Her tears dropped. I understand how she feels but I don’t know what to say, so I’m just hugging her. I told her that we all want to keep the forever friendship but time won’t help us, we all have to grow up and the way we live will be different.  Zoe seems to have listened to my advice. She stopped crying and look at me. She said is time to move on and she wants to spend her time somewhere else. At the end, we leave the park and my feeling have never been more relaxed.

Shot List:

Long shot, close-up, medium shot, medium close-up, two-shot, title shot