About Me

BIO
Hello and welcome to my page! My name is Xiomara Machado and I am majoring in Communication Design to become an animator/game designer at CityTech.
I first discovered my interest to become an animator/ game designer as a child. Throughout my childhood, I’ve always had an interest to the wonderful artistic style and gaming graphics produce. Watching how games develop from pixel graphic design to 3D design, made me see how technology developed. How game designers and artist were able to adapt to the new style and bring their art to life. Especially in Japan, where art keeps developing to create entertainment for viewers.
What inspired me to pursue such an exciting career, would be the creativity occurring every corner of the world. Art is an essential part to the world and its own entertainment. Art is everywhere you go, be it at a café, bookstore, park, school, etc. The imagination is never small unless you make it. What’s more, the different programs you can experiment with to see how a simple 2D drawing could come to life as a 3D drawing. It’s always good to carry a mini sketch book around because you never know when an idea can occur. My graphic design principle professor told me, “It’s always great to read books. The more your knowledge becomes diverse, more ideas flows out from your mind.”
Programs such as Paint Tool Sai, Autodesk Sketchbook, Adobe Illustrator, and many more are great way to begin how to draw on the computer along with a drawing tablet. Many believe that when you want to start your career, you need to have money. It’s not true. There are so many free drawing programs and free 3D software program online that you can use to create your animation or mini game. Not everyone starts off with a lot of money. Practice and patience reveals all the hard work placed in your work.
My goal is to open a small studio with friends from high school to create our own games and animation.To reveal our stories and reveal moral lessons through art. To let others, understand art has a deepermeaning. That with cheap/free programs, it could produce quality games or animation. It can make acareer for those who have a passion for the art industry.