Starting work for the ITFC Campaign

My first task for creating graphics for the It’s Time for Chelsea campaign was to create Instagram business promos for the list of businesses that decided to sign up to be part of the event. This task was a bit difficult for me to begin with because I had never designed anything for social media prior to this and I also never had experience for it in class either. The first two days of the week consisted of me researching the companies on the list and reading through their history. I also looked through the images that the companies gave of their businesses so I could decide which ones would look best on Instagram. I also researched how other businesses promoted themselves on Instagram and asked my supervisor if there were examples of previous business promos done for past events. Luckily there were, so I logged into the Dropbox and looked through those promos for inspiration.

The first thing I did was making a template for the layout of the business promos. I thought that having the same layout for the promos would make it look more recognizable as part of a bigger campaign. I ran this idea to my supervisor who agreed on the idea and then I set out to make the template. Thankfully the ITFC campaign already had some graphics created for it such as their logo and branding colors so I didn’t need to come up with those.

The logo for the ITFC Campaign
One of the many business promos I helped to create for the campaign

Once I had come up with the template for the promos, the rest was smooth sailing. The only factors that I needed to worry about was choosing a picture for the promos and what would be written on them. The written part was the most challenging because some of the businesses were not offering deals for the event so for those businesses I would need to read through their company history to find the best way to describe them. Thankfully I had the help of my coworker on the business promo and the ITFC website so the workload was manageable. My coworker and I even worked on mood boards for the campaign so that way we would be on the same page as to what kind of pictures we would want to work with. My supervisor had also told us to work together with the marketing interns so that after the business promos were done, they would be able to schedule a post for it for when the campaign would begin on October 15th.