Self Assessment

I am nearing the end of the 120 hours needed to complete this internship. I have to say that this internship workplace has to have been one of the more difficult places I have worked at but also equally as rewarding. I think the measurement of success for an internship lies in how much the student learned and grew from the experience of the internship and I can say in that regard that this internship was a success. Also this internship was definitely something that I could only do as a learning student that did not need to have a job yet.

This internship served as a challenge to my skills as a designer. I got feedback from my supervisor on my work but it was much different than the feedback I would get in my classes since my supervisor was not a graphic design professional. So in the end, it really came down to me to do the proper research into certain topics in order to bring my design project to fruition. This is an important skill that I developed and cultivated during this internship that I believe will serve me well in my future workplaces.

In addition, this internship has given me plenty of material to add to my portfolio along with being able to say that my designs have been printed and viewed by a large audience. As I have stated previously, this will be invaluable to me when I go job hunting after I graduate with my degree. This internship had given me a lot of responsibilities and also has taught me the importance of creating a schedule and keeping a clean file organization to ensure that I can find things quickly. I can only hope that I will get to use all these new skills at my future workplace and that it will help me on my path to becoming a full fledged design professional.