Nahid Ali Media Share 2

After reading Andrea Chu’s “The pink”, I saw Chu share the experience after Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  her gender transformation. She said, “IT IS DIFFICULT to explain why I wanted a vagina. There were technical concerns: tucking is a major inconvenience, and often has to be redone each time you stand up.” InĀ her piece, she uses sensational language that feeds the lurid interest in trans peopleā€™s bodies at the expense of our rights and privacy. And in arguing for her right to transition no matter her uncertainty at the outcome, she largely ignores what we do know about the outcomes of transition for most people. I want to share this piece of art work by FUELADREAM in India . This art represent theĀ cubist impressions, reflecting her struggles and emotions as a transgender.

2 thoughts on “Nahid Ali Media Share 2”

1. Nahid,
    Thanks for sharing this artwork. Please comment more specifically on how it reflects FUELADREAM’S “struggle” with being trans.
    Also, I noticed that part of your post was copy and pasted from the Wikipedia page on Andrea Chu.
    I’m not interested in what Wikipedia says about Andrea Chu; I”m interested in what YOU have to think and say about the experience of reading Andrea Chu. Please do not ever copy & paste text from another source without properly quoting it and citing it. If you don’t do that, I fear that you will be accused of plagiarism, the consequences of which are quite serious at universities (please read the clause about this in our course syllabus.
    Thanks,
    M

1. Firstly, I apologize for using other sources and promising I wonā€™t repeat the mistake. I use the painting from Kalki for transgender cause. She sells it through Fueladreamā€™s (the crowd fundraising platform). She is trans and she knows about the struggle about the transgender people are abandoned and pushed out of their families in India. Also they lose their education and remain school dropouts. Pushed to the very bottom of the society. Their only income is from begging and sex work. She said, ā€œI can unquestionably say that education can change transgender peopleā€™s lives for the good, education change their destinies for better. Love, respect and a dignified living are what they need. I want them to have similar opportunities like me. I want to make their dreams trueā€. After reading The Pink, I noticed it takes a lot of strength for trans people to come to terms with who they are. Many trans people feel depressed when they are figuring out how to deal with gender dysphoria like Chu. Kalkiā€™s painting is all about spreading awareness among people and giving proper education to trans people, dignity and self confidence.