How to make an appointment:
- Go to https://citytechwritingcenter3766.setmore.com/
- Enter your name and email address to access the booking page. Once on the booking page, select one-on-one tutoring > “45 Mins meeting:,”
- Scroll through/select a tutor’s names (do not choose City Tech Writing Center) and choose a time. Tutors are available on different days. The tutors’ available hours will show up when you scroll through their names. If the tutor you have selected is not available, click on “one-on-one tutoring” so you can choose another another tutor.
- After you have selected the time, enter your name and email and click “Continue.”
- Book your appointment.
- You will receive an email confirmation. NOTE: there will be a link to Teleport in the confirmation email; however, we’re using Zoom for meetings. You’ll receive an email the day before your appointment with the Zoom link you’ll need.
- You can make one one-hour session per week.
- You can make appointments up to two weeks in advance.
- You can join as many workshops each week as you’d like – there’s no limit. To join, click on the “Workshops” tab for the Zoom link.
- You can cancel any appointment but need to do that three hours prior to your scheduled time. Students who do not cancel in time and fail to appear for a session will be counted as a “no-show.”
- After three missed appointments (or “no-shows”), you are not allowed to book further appointments for two weeks, and your existing appointments will be canceled. You may, however, still attend all the workshops.
- Students who abuse the scheduling system or our policies are no longer eligible to receive our services.
- The length of an appointment is 45 minutes. If you’re late, that amount of time will be deducted from that 45 minutes. In other words, if your appointment is from 10-10:45 and you arrive at 10:10, your appointment will still end at 10:45.
- If you know you’re running late, communicate with us so we can plan to wait and not mark it as a no-show after 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, it’s marked as a no-show which has other consequences (see the No Show Policy).
No Show Policy:
- Three no-shows and you will not be allowed to book any appointments for two weeks. You will also have to email the Acting Director directly (firstname.lastname@example.org) to explain why you should be allowed to have continued appointment privileges.
- Once the Acting Director receives that letter and replies to you, you’ll be on “probation.” The next no show will mean you lose your one-on-one tutoring privileges.
- You may still attend all the workshops and productivity sessions you wish.
How To Get Ready For An Appointment:
- Bring assignment prompt so we’ll know what your instructor is asking for (you can email this early if you’d like).
- Bring the draft, notes, or outline to the meeting. However, it would be best if they’re also posted early if that’s possible; be sure to let us know where it is.
- Bring any other relevant material that might help, such as instructor-provided templates or models of the assignment.
- Write down your top three concerns about this assignment as well as what you would like to accomplish during the session.