Academic Examples

After freshly picking out a quote, I looked towards relative subjects that would match the meaning. The quote coming from Kid Cud who is a hip-hop/rock artist, him being known to his fans as the “Man on the Moon” I quickly adapted to the galaxy background.  Complimenting the heart with a famous lyric, I emphasized different key words like weirdo and heart to express the essential parts of the quote.

Moving onto the next visual I was deeply lacking in inspiration and was having difficulties. But as I thought proceeded to visualize the quote, I went ahead with another heart but a with a weirder twist. Going for an all black and white look I used the typography to outline the heart with the quote and let it flow in a way that was easy for the eyes and interesting to look at.  No word or line of text in this piece has a similar type setting, making each type unique in it’s own way.

Finishing up with the third visual, I wanted to finish up with a bolder look, something that’ll stand out. I figured nothing could express weird then a picture of Cudi himself posed on top of a Budget truck, which looks to be in NYC.  Using Impact font with a Red color I believe the quote is fully expressed and communicates well the background image.