WEEK 8 CLASS : Looking forward to seeing you on ZOOM later today!

Hello Class!

Hoping you are all doing well given the craziness.

I am very much looking forward to seeing your faces this evening!

I was thinking we could use this first meeting as a test session.  So it will go like this:

• Orientation & Overall Structure : I’ll give you some notes today on what to be prepared for in remaining half of the semester.  I’ll show you where & when to find any reading, discussions, or lectures for the remaining weeks.

STRUCTURE:

We will always have the Weekly ZOOM meetings, but we will use it mainly for Critiques and Guest Speakers.  I’ll have weekly Lectures, Discussion and Readings here on the Openlab as well so that you can access them 24/7.

This course will progress on a weekly basis.  Since our course date is Thursday, your new content will appear on open lab at 12:01 am every week.  (Today being the exception as I’m working on it now!)   Your course work is DUE every week WED at 11:59pm.  So, for example whatever is DUE for Week 8 (today’s class is week 8), will need to be completed and uploaded by 11:59 pm on WED the 25th.  Week 9 begins for us at 12:01 am on the 26th.  Super EASY!

Exams and Quizzes: I did not originally envision the course with tests in it.  However, since I can’t work with you in person to access how you are doing, you will be receiving more quizzes so we can both see how you are progressing.  You’ll always have a week to complete any quiz or exam.

• Q&A Session
  • MIDTERM CRITIQUE – We will use the remaining class time today as a class critique of your Midterm projects.  This will help us all get used to sharing our screens and proper web meeting etiquette.  So please, if you’d like feedback you can share your work with the group today. I am not grading from this critique.  See the DEADLINE extension below.

As you all know, before the the closure, and our move to distance learning, the MIDTERM PROJECT was due today.  We all needed a week to adjust to all of these changes.

The Midterm is now due on WEDNESDAY the 25th at 11:59 PM. 

It must be posted online as per the original instructions.

Thats’ all for now!

See you later!

Prof. Woolley

Here is this week’s ZOOM MEETING INFORMATION in case you missed it! :

Topic: COMD 3633 WEEK 9
Time: Mar 19, 2020 06:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/651839035?pwd=VGtITHpsK1hkMnVkWWxSWHgyRkpSUT09

Meeting ID: 651 839 035
Password: CHOCOLATE