My personal style and influences

My Illustrative style usually consists of Pretty girls and Fantasy themes. I’ve spent most of my life being influenced by Japanese Animation and comics. Through this medium, I like to create beautiful or fun images that sometimes tell a little story.

My Illustrations:

Artist #1

Yoshihiko Umakoshi

He’s a freelance animator who also does character design. He  uses a stylized anime/manga style with slender forms. He designs expressive faces and uses thick lines with heavy shading.

His work:

Artist #2

Ilya Kuvshinov

Ilya Kuvshinov is a Russian illustrator and comic artist based in Japan. He’s the art lead for Game Insight, a Lithuania-based mobile, and social game developer. He uses a semi-realistic anime/manga art style that looks somewhat photorealistic. His art usually consists of beautiful women.

His work:

1 thought on “My personal style and influences

1. Ashli-

Well done researching your artist heroes. I can see the parallels between your work and that of both Yoshihiko Umakoshi and Ilya Kuvshinov. The combination of the two feels like the stylistic space you are in.

I would have like to have seem more detail regarding their respective careers trajectories and what lessons you learned from your research that may help you to launch yours.