- MEET LARA!
- CRITIQUE PROJECT 2 Work in Progress:
Half the Students should hang their 3 concept sketches on the black board for critique. The second half of the class will hang after to allow for space.
On a post it note write:
- Student Name
- Client / Event Name
Each student should read each about each project and then examine all of the designs. Using chalk each student may make 3 marks for each project. They can have no opinion: 1 make under each sketch. They can put 2 marks on their favorite and 1 on their next favorite, or they can really love a sketch and put all 3 marks under each.
Discuss the projects and why students felt the way they did. Designers should go with the one they / the instructor likes the best but class feedback should be considered too.
Students should share the drawing challenges they had, (for example having to draw hands ) and the turtorial / advice they researched to help them.
- LECTURE & DEMO
- Lara’s illustration process and inking tips and tricks. (Students will not ink project 2 until AFTER final drawing is approved but should be practicing)
- LAB TIME:
- Using traditional drawing materials and / or photoshop improve and refine chosen concept sketch.
- Try using photoshop to create a photo reference collage.
DUE NEXT WEEK:
- PROJECT 2 FINAL Pencil drawing
- 4 Sketchbook pages of drawing from reference related to imagery used in poster illustration