When it comes down to generating ideas, Jillian Tamaki uses various steps to do that. The first step she does is placing down ideas that comes to mind verbally instead of visually. I may have to argue with the fact that for some people it’s vice-versa. My pitch for example, I drew a bunch of random things until I came across a drawing that I favored the most and kept drawing that favorite drawing until I came up with a name and started writing ideas. Tamaki also says that gathering images will help you visualize more on what pops into your head. I do that quite often whenever I’m coming up with concepts. The third step is extremely important because if you don’t take your content seriously then you won’t get much out of it and others aren’t going to take your content seriously either. The fourth step Tamaki discusses how we should write down the words we highlight because it would help you get ideas faster. The fifth step is bringing up images that go with your idea and vision them to life. The sixth step is basically using what works for you.

I find Jillian Tamaki’s advice useful but like I mentioned earlier for some people it is vice-versa.