Professor Woolley | COMD3313 OL74| FA20

Online Discussion

Hello Class!

Each week, we will have an ongoing discussion topic. Sometimes it will be sparked off by a reading, sometimes you’ll be asked to do some research and post examples that demonstrate your opinions. Always, you’ll be asked to participate in the discussion with clarity and thoughtfulness.

For clarity, your topic will be labeled with the semester week. For example “Week 1 Proper Online Discussion Techniques”.

You will have one full week (Date and Time– Date and Time) to share your thoughts. This will be counted towards your Participation Grade.

Guidelines for participation:

• DO READ the whole thread.
  • Comment on the question after checking out any materials provided.
  • Don’t repeat other students.
  • Do reply to other students and build on their ideas.

Good Participation is to comment at least 2x per discussion. Once at the beginning and once at the end, after reading the thread so your comments are relevant.

For this particular discussion, you can just say you understand or ask a question about our course discussions here. 🙂

1. Kefy Bryan

The writer’s suggestions about keeping a sketchbook is practically to draw every single day. Don’t draw from imagination, try drawing what you see and putting it into your own works. I have had multiple sketchbooks from time to time since I have been driving for over 12 years now I would always sketch every single day. I also sketch on my iPad with the Medibang app. I would always love sketching and I never ever stop sketching. There are things that we’re stopping me like teachers telling me to stop drawing in class which was a bit embarrassing since drawing is my passion and I was pretty addicted to it. There was also me being a bit anxious about pursuing my career and the fear of being judged by people because they expected more from me. But as I grew up, I managed to move past it and continued to sketch every single day. What I hope to gain by keeping my sketchbook is to learn more about color and sketching and about how to properly build my own world like my biggest inspiration, Eiichiro Oda