- Discussion : Jillian Tamaki’s article on Idea Generation. Talk about it in groups. Then share your own idea generation methods.
- Why is it SO important to have multiple ideas?
- Who’s Who in Illustration
- Illustration process : Typical Flow Illustration Workflow Handout
- What are the key moments for feedback and how to we settle on a design?
- How does this factor into the Business of illustration?
- The importance of Reference
- Class Reference Share: share and discuss your PINTREST page/Reference
30 min : Critique Project 1:
break into critique groups. (groups of 5-8 people)
Everyone in the group will present their concept sketches and the reference they have accumulated for their final for their product illustration to their group in the following manner:
We need a volunteer note-taker per group so that we don’t forget the valuable suggestions made!
Use instructor and peer feedback to help evaluate your ideas.
- DEMO Using Transfer Paper
- LAB TIME Work in Class Assignment 1:
Your Art director (aka ME) will meet individually with illustrators, and make suggestions.