Reading Responses Week Two

Reading 1:
I admired the originality of these concepts. I can also relate when the author mentioned that craft beer labels are trying to reach out to you. I don’t know about you but I imagined 4,000 beer cans with hands reaching out and saying, “BUY ME!” Realizing this I figured out that to be noticed we need to do something unique. And with my label I hope that I will create something unique that out of the 4,000 or so labels that exist, mines would be noticed. I also intend to make it really witty like the 21st Amendment Brewery label or as interesting as the Off Color’s black and white label.

Reading 2:
What I liked about Jillian’s blog was how it really talked about the importance of your surroundings and how it influences your work. Jillian mentioned that she has a reference folder on her desktop just filled with inspiration and it really inspired me to steal a bunch of Google images and keep it on my desktop for all of eternity. Lastly, I liked her writing style. It wasn’t “do this and do that” authoritative writing style. It was just HER way of doing things. She even admits that in the beginning of the blog. We have our methods and I really liked how she humbly shows us her method.