FINAL Assignment: DUE 12/ 15
Create a drawing of a real place from both observation and reference.
The choice of location will be very important.
Choose a place which is meaningful to you.
Choose a place with a natural sense of depth; a place filled with interesting shapes, patterns and repeating forms: one which lends itself to the use of 1 or 2 point perspective.
- Take a photo of yourself in that location when done and post to OPEN LAB along with a description of the location you chose and why.
- Categorize your post as FINAL PROJECT.
- Begin your drawing on location, not from a photo!
- You may finalize your drawing by working from reference photos you shot on location.
- Be sure to use a full range of value to create a distinct foreground, middle ground, and background.
Some possible good locations:
- Grand Central Station
- Any Museum
- Anything with lots of columns, statues, tiles, interesting windows etc.