Cooper Hewitt

William Lin

During the visit to Hewitt Cooper Museum I noticed a couple of art pieces that are inspirational and eye catching.One of the artworks that caught my eye would be this video, gradient screen fabrication which is printed by a robot and it is known as what we call 3d printing. 3D printing is the process in which the printer creates a three-dimensional object in which layers of material are formed under computer control to create an object. An what interested me the most is that creating this artwork out of aluminum type material really fascinates me because when you look at it , it doesn’t look like it’s printed out.

where it tells us through our imagination of how mario evolved from being pixelated back then compared to how evolving technology changed how mario looked over the past few years. Such as the appearance where the clouds look more like blocks than the ones in the back due to the fact that the pixels that are required for the details on those objects have increased the image looks more clearer than it was before. It just shows me that in making this possible artists and designers work tirelessly into perfecting their image and show the world what they can do with what they have available to them.

The final piece would be Mario himself where he was a major figure in gaming since during the 1900s gaming most of the games were just plain and simple . But for Mario it’s more like how it started from just a blocks of colors to a figure that has depth, shape, and form.