Creating our new wine was based on being able to drink the wine today. We were trying to make sure the dining room would be able to drink the wine today so we aimed for a fruit forward, low tannins, medium viscosity wine. After knowing what we wanted and tasting each individual blend we decided to take away the tannins from the Cabernet. We still wanted it to be Cabernet so we made sure it was still 75%. We all liked the subtle less tannin wines number 2 and 3 were our first choices. They were Petit Syrah and Petit Verdot. We initially blended the Cabernet and the Petit Syrah. We all liked the subtlety and the low tannins in this one. After tasting this blend we didn’t like it because we still tasted the cabernets tannins. We then mixed it with the initial blend with the petit Verdot. This was our winning blend! It was fruit forward, had some spiciness, it had tannins but not too strong. It had a brick red dark and a pinkish hue. After presenting it to all the professors we were all very proud of the new blend.