My Favorite Flyer of 2015

Even though my internship course technically started in January of 2016, I’d like to take a step back and reflect on a flyer I produced in 2015. I began working with Flushing Town Hall in August 2015. Over the course of four months, I quickly began creating flyers for the remaining events on the brochure. My favorite flyer was for an event that was occurring in February 2016, but I was already working on it in December.

hhfam_comp4v1_72dpi

Final Design For RHAW Hip-Hop Flyer.

This flyer was for the RHAW Group and hip-hop dancer Rennie Harris. I found interest in this particular flyer because it targets fans of street dance and hip-hop, which is an audience that I can understand more often then others. I wanted this flyer to be different from the ones I had previously produced, in layout and typography. This flyer went through about 4 drafts changes before finally becoming finalized. I personally believe it was worth the effort because I saw my initial idea become visualized and I believe that my advisor Shawn was thoroughly impressed by my work.