- One of your tasks for this week was to watch Coraline from a Gothic studies perspective. Now you will write a blog post of at least 250 reflecting on the film as a Gothic text. In your post you should reflect on the following questions:
- What are the Gothic characteristics present in Coraline?
- What are similarities and differences between Coraline and “The System of Dr. Tarr and Prof. Fether?”
- Does anything in the film remind you of other texts we read this semester?
- Can you think of any implicit messages it is sending through its metaphoric characteristics?
Remember to comment thoughtfully on at least one other post by Friday, 10/21!