Prof. Westengard | O628 | Fall 2022

Blog 3

A vampire that was written after the 2000’s was Bella from the movie “The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn”. After the transition her character remained the same quiet and reserved but she was going through the intense bodily changes such as controlling her appetite and trying to develop her “powers”. Her transition looked very peaceful compared to others I have seen , she became very pale, red eyes and the traditional vampire fangs. All of her senses became heightened and of course she struggled with controlling herself but eventually as time went on because her family were only indulging in animal blood she was finally able to curb her hunger. In the story the description of a vampire included the drinking of the blood of the young and the beautiful. Also anyone that the vampire sucks would turn into a vampire themselves which has been carried on through almost every vampire film. 

1. Shaunte

I also wrote about Bella, I’m glad we both used her transition being peaceful as a differing point compared to other transformations shown in previous films.

2. Laura Westengard

It is interesting that you chose to focus on Bella when Edward is so similar to Ruthven. A creative choice!