Prof. Westengard | O628 | Fall 2022

Savara Khan

Summary

I will talk about one of my favorite show which is called the vampire diaries by Kevin Williamson. One character from this show is called Damon Salvatore and I will be comparing his characteristics to Lord Ruthven's character. The story starts with the Salvatore brother's return to Mystic Fall, Virginia, their hometown. While Damon, the attractive, violent, and selfish vampire, is pursuing Stefan's girl to get revenge for turning him into a vampire in 1864, Stefan, the unselfish, brave, guilt-ridden sibling, meets Elena Gilbert, a high school student, and falls in love with her. At the beginning of the show when they introduced Damon, his personality was described as sinister, dangerous, generally unkind, uncaring, cold-hearted, ruthless, and unsympathetic. Which are similar characteristics to Lord Ruthven. " that his character was dreadfully vicious, for that the possession of irresistible powers of seduction, rendered his licentious habits more dangerous to society." (page 27) In this quote, Aubrey was describing Lord Ruthven's characteristics and how he is dangerous to the people around him. Both Damon and Lord Ruthven's characteristics were similar because both vampires were evil and were a danger to their society. But Damon Salvatore was not always evil. As the tv show progressed, the vampire diaries showed Damon becoming a good vampire and would help the people around him. Unlike Lord Ruthven, he was always evil and only did harm to the people around him.

Blog 3

1. Helen Lopez

Savara, I agree with your comment towards Damon and Aubrey , both characters were evil and they both were very seductive towards woman’s, and the woman felt for it and even though they were mean and evil they had something that was attractive.

2. Helen Lopez

3. Laura Westengard

The Vampire Diaries is a popular topic of Blog 3! It sounds like many of your classmates have similar interests. 🙂