Prof. Westengard | O628 | Fall 2022

Blog 1

Summary

Hello everyone, my name is Saffira Michael. My major is Health science, and this is the beginning of my third year at city tech. My goal right now is to graduate college. I have not yet decided what I would like to do after I graduate (career wise) but I still have some time to figure that out. One thing I am sure about is that I would like to take a few months after graduation to travel to give myself a break mentally and physically before continuing my studies. Even though many of us want to work hard to achieve our different goals in life, I believe it is especially important to give ourselves a break and that it is exactly what I plan to do. My hobbies are listening to music, fixing jigsaw puzzles, and enjoying my own company.
When I hear the word “Gothic” I often associate it with darkness. This is something that is completely out of my comfort zone, but I must say that I am very excited to see what this course is about and I'm really hoping for a great semester.

1. adelisaredzematovic

Hello Saffira, I love you that want to dedicate time to yourself after graduation. After the years and years of classes we truly deserve a rewarding vacation and I am so looking forward to it as well. Nice to meet you!

2. Elliot Currence

Hi, Saffira! I completely agree about needing to take time to find yourself after college, and in some cases, I think people who need to should also take a break before jumping straight into college from high school. I hope you go on to enjoy your well-deserved break, and it’s nice to meet you!

3. Laura Westengard

Nice to meet you, Saffira! Since darkness is out of your comfort zone, what made you decide to take a Gothic course? What would you like to get out of this class this semester?