Prof. Westengard | O628 | Fall 2022

Helen Lopez

Summary

My name is Helen Lopez , this is my second year of college I transferred out from York College. I am really excited for this new semester and scared at the same time because I feel like I am starting all over again and I feel like its my first year going to a different campus and learning where everything is but at the same time I am excited for the news I will be learning this semester and new skills I will be gaining . I want to major In Nursing but I am still under undeclared since I need to finish all the courses that are required to try to enter the program. My backup plan if I don't get in the program is to major in Health Science. My major interest Is to be in the health field so If I am not able to get in the program I have a backup plan. During the half of the spring semester and my whole summer I took a course to get a license on Medical Assistant, Phlebotomy and EKG, so I can be able to find a job that has to do with the Health Field and be able to gain new experiences and skills, the course was 26 weeks and I have one more week to go and I finish the course and I have to take the state exam and then I will get my license. One of my hobbies is going the gym I really enjoy going to the gym when I am stressed I forget everything and after I finish I feel very relaxed and calm. I also really love spending time with my family and friends and of course my dog who I love so much. For me the word " Gothic" means something related with the past and it has to do with mystery and suspense something dark and scary.

Blog 1

1. Laura Westengard

Hi Helen, it is nice to meet you! You sound like you have a great plan for pursing your future career options. What made you decide to take a Gothic class? Do you have any interest in mystery and suspense?