post #9

In my 3rd essay I would like to write about a series of books and shows. Some of the books I would like to use are Twilight, The Blue Blood Series, and Vampire Kisses. As for the shows, I would like to use The Vampire Diaries, True Blood, and Supernatural.

Majority of my references are vampire’s life. The Blue Blood series is based on fallen angels who have descended on earth and are punished in the form of being a vampire for eternity. The Vampire  Kiss series is more of a teenage Gothic vampire love story.

The Vampire Diaries is based on Elena, a doppelganger who is fated to have many disasters throughout her life.

This entry was posted in Blog Post 9. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to post #9

1. Rachel says:

I think you did chose many good texts for your third essay. Because what it seems to be that you chose those specific books and shows of vampires to compare and contrast their perspectives. Back then, vampires can be seen as vicious, dangerous, monstrous, and such. Nowadays as the vampire’s image changes over time, they are being seen as beautiful creatures, captures any girl’s heart, etc. rather than fearing them.

2. All of these texts sound appropriate, but since this essay is only 3 pages you should probably choose one of these texts to focus on. Also, you will have to explain how the Gothic metaphor represents a social issue/anxiety. What social issues are at work in your chosen texts?